Keycloak 21.0.2 released
March 30 2023
To download the release go to Keycloak downloads.
Migration from 21.0
Before you upgrade remember to backup your database. If you are not on the previous release refer to the documentation for a complete list of migration changes.
Terms and Conditions user attribute migration
terms_and_conditions user attribute was accidentally changed in 21.0.0
to uppercase. This version reverts the user attribute back to lowercase.
The value of the attribute is set when accepting Terms and Conditions page.
If any of your custom extensions relies on this attribute, you may need to
adjust your code to check both attributes
All resolved issues
- #17161 Acquisition timeout while waiting for new connection keycloak storage
- #17273 adding package using microdnf no longer works since keycloak version 21 keycloak docs
- #17277 Can't accept terms and conditions after upgrade from 20.0.3 to 21.0.0 keycloak authentication
- #17281 Avoid recording raw UUIDs URIs in metrics like http_server_requests_seconds collected via micrometer keycloak dist/quarkus
- #17337 `testReleaseAllLocksMethod` test is intermittently timing out with HotRod store keycloak storage
- #17417 Build on Windows fails keycloak docs
- #17427 OutOfMemoryError when running Model Tests in CI keycloak storage
- #17790 Unable to use client tls certificate bound access token with the new admin UI keycloak
- #17803 Accessibility/Identity Providers: Critical Issues keycloak admin/ui
- #17804 Accessibility/Realm Settings: Critical Issues keycloak admin/ui
- #17805 Accessibility/Groups: Critical Issues keycloak admin/ui
- #17806 Accessibility/Users: Critical Issues keycloak admin/ui
- #17807 Accessibility/Clients List: Critical Issues keycloak admin/ui
- #17810 Missing visual error information for "Error while evaluating permissions" keycloak admin/ui
- #17813 With KC21: Authentication flows "used by" shows the name of the flow, not of the bind keycloak admin/ui
- #17814 Wrong role required for Client Settings > Advanced > OpenID Connect Compatibility Modes keycloak admin/ui
- #17815 Inconsistent SAML configuration generated for clients with forceNameId keycloak admin/ui
- #17816 admin-ui: authz permissions tab not updated when switching between groups keycloak admin/ui
- #17817 Alerts don't show in Keycloak nightly, also disrupting user feedback on actions keycloak admin/ui
- #17846 In Authorization --> Evaluate, Users and Roles should not both be requred keycloak admin/ui
Before you upgrade remember to backup your database and check the upgrade guide for anything that may have changed.